As a leading manufacturer and distributor of building materials, we bring people, products, and services together to build strong homes, businesses and communities that stand the test of time.
Our beliefs and values
Our core values guide our actions, unite our employees, and define our brand. We truly care about relationships with our teammates, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and the communities where we operate. Integrity, safety, respect, and pursuit of excellence are the core values that influence how we do business and help us all share in a bigger purpose.
At a glance
Since our founding in 1957, we’ve grown to become a leading manufacturer and distributor of building materials in North America and beyond. Though the times may change, our values remain the foundation of our culture, day after day and decade after decade.
Company Strategic Focus:
- Grow our engineered wood products (EWP) line and wholesale distribution in the United States
- Leverage our integrated business model
- Deploy capital to generate shareholder return
What we do
Our customers include wholesale and retail lumber yards, home improvement centers, and industrial component manufacturers who fulfill the needs for both new homes and repair and remodel in the residential construction industry.
Building Materials Distribution
- Only nationwide full-line wholesale distributor of building products for residential construction
- Operates 39 branch locations in 27 states
- $4.29B in division sales in 2018
- 20% of purchases from company-owned manufacturing
Wood Products Manufacturing
- Second largest producer of environmentally friendly engineered wood products (EWP) and plywood in North America
- Operates 16 mills nationwide
- $1.53B in division sales in 2018
- 55% of sales to company-owned distribution
In May 1957 Boise-Payette Lumber Company and Cascade Lumber Company merged to become the Boise Cascade.
Our history is a story of change and resilience. Manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials have been a constant focus, but opportunity and boldness led to exploration of other industries over the years, including paper and packaging, office supplies, and even a short stint as owners of motor home manufacturer.
In 2004, OfficeMax sold its non-office products businesses, and the name “Boise Cascade”, to private equity, and in 2008, Boise Cascade narrowed its focus back to wood products manufacturing and building materials distribution. In 2013, we became a publicly held company under BCC on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). With our increased focus, we have become one of the largest producers of engineered wood products and plywood in North America and a leading U.S. wholesale distributor of building products.
Remembering 60 years
In 2017, Boise Cascade celebrated 60 years. See more about this historical milestone: Boise Cascade: Celebrating 60